Friday 13 October 2017

A Light Weekend Read: Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella

This is the first novel I have read of from Shopaholic series. Though, I have read one of the books of Sophie Kinsella- “Can you keep a secret” which I really loved. This novel is a chick-lit with good humor.
This is a continuation of Shopaholic series (I should go for other books in this series). 
Rebecca Brandon and Luke are expecting their first child and Becky (Rebecca) is busy with baby’s unusual shopping which includes five prams, 400 count crib sheet, and other unnecessary things. Life seems so perfect for her as she gets the best celebrity obstetrician -Venetia Carter and a spot in Vogue. Then her world comes crash down as she gets to know Venetia is Luke’s ex-girlfriend.

The story revolves around so many twists and turns which makes it more interesting. The thing which I really love about author Sophie Kinsella is – She has a knack to draw her characters which makes readers fall in love with them.
Becky is a quirky, Shopaholic, Frivolous character and a combination of silly and intelligence. At first glance, the character appears very shallow but gradually the reader feels warmth in the character and Becky appears a strong, lovable person who gives importance to the family as well as friends.

This is a light and merry read! You can go for the audiobook too that would be fantastic!


This is a quick review of the book, Hope you liked it. :) :) 
Happy Reading!!!!

P.S: Though I really do not want to use the term "Chick-lit" for the sake of few people as they feel the term is a demeaning one, but I do not find the chick- lit label as an offensive one, so I use it. 


Thanks for stopping by!!!
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Book review for Monday

Today I finished one of the books of Sudha Murthy (one of my favorite authors) and would like to share my views on this. The reading exper...